Today was the last day of school. Let the fun that is summer begin! We're starting this summer of '14 off with a trip to the library. We totally know how to party around here.
It's finally warm here. Woo hoo! How about you? In fact, it's so warm we caved last night and switched our a/c on. I was having a hard time wrestling with the idea of another crappy night sleep due to heat, and apparently so was Adam. I didn't even hesitate to not turn it off this morning even though we had tossed the idea around. Funny how we never used our a/c in Colorado except a grand total of two days (and even then it wasn't strong enough to cool the house down sufficiently). Humidity: the climate control game changer.
I go through my day with grand thoughts of all the things I'd like to write about when I have time to sit down to the computer. Then on comes the blogger dashboard and suddenly I'm rambling about heat and humidity.
So, in that vein, I thought I'd just bring you up to date with all sorts of pointless things that have been happening around here. Feel free to click on to something more interesting! I'll just be here...clacking away!
I believe this calls for bullet points.
- We went organic with our lawn this year. It makes me feel so...green and somewhat self-righteous. I'm trying not to be, really, but honestly, when I see the chemical guys come along with their bright green/yellow/blue sprays I want to clasp my hand over my nose and those around me and scream and run the other way. I'm not sure what's happened to me. (If you're local and want the information, let me know!)
- My kids officially had one of the best years of their school-aged life. Amen.
- As of today, I officially have a 7th grader, a 5th grader and a 2nd grader in the house. Wha..?
- I've read some of the best books lately. I'll have to fill you in soon.
- I have a job for next year. I'll have to fill you in soon.
- We've had some really yummy food lately too. .....and I'll fill you in soon about that, too.