Friday, October 4, 2013

Day Four of Rent: Home is in Your Attitude

I've lived many places.

DSC_0011

I grew up here in Missouri.
I've travel overseas for fun and to live.
Korea was mountains and mists, lush and grime.
New York was....well...plenty has been said about that amazing city.
Colorado was golden Aspens, cheery sunny days, snow beyond belief.

DSC_0004

And here I find myself.  Back in the Midwest.  Back home.  Making this rental home.

DSC_0007

"To think of the Midwest as a whole as anything other than beautiful is to ignore the extraordinary power of the land. The lushness of the grass and trees in August, the roll of the hills (far less of the Midwest is flat than outsiders seem to imagine), the rich smell of soil, the evening sunlight over a field of wheat, or the crickets chirping at dusk on a residential street: All of it, it has always made me feel at peace. There is room to breathe, there is a realness of place. The seasons are extreme, but they pass and return, pass and return, and the world seems far steadier than it does from the vantage point of a coastal city."  ~Curtis Sittenfeld, American Wife

DSC_0002

Any place can be a home.

No comments: