Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Everything is so green

Lush is a relative term.  Lush in the mountains means the spring snow melt is rushing off the mountains and the plants are getting a bit more water than they're used to so the riverbanks are green.  Lush is stubbly green weeds instead of yellow ones.  Lush is a well-watered lawn, scrupulously maintained because nothing is supposed to be that green at 8,000+ feet altitude unless it's an evergreen or an Aspen.

DSC_0098

DSC_0110

DSC_0111

Lush here is the just the norm.  Lush also means humidity.  And lots of it!  It sure does make for pretty surroundings, though.

The other morning I woke up a little early and it was so pretty.  Adam encouraged me to get out and take my camera with me.  I didn't want to.  I wanted to crawl back in bed or make a cup of tea and just sit.  But after a second, I did.  I'm so glad I did!

DSC_0104

DSC_0099 

DSC_0109

DSC_0105

No comments: