Saturday, March 9, 2013

It's Saturday

I got the SWEETEST ecard from a friend today.  So very sweet. 

It's like this today:
Snowy day

So, I'm dreaming of this instead:
DSC_0031
(My all-time favorite shot from our California vacation.)

The kids have been playing a new-found computer game called Animal Jam this morning.  It's made us all very happy.

I ran out this morning before the snow started sticking to get milk in case the blizzard predicted continues.  I also treated myself to a coffee, and I realized that coffee just doesn't taste as good as it used to.  In fact, I think I could honestly forgo it forever.

I know I just made some of you gasp and your jaw is still stuck on the ground.  Pick it up!  I haven't completely lost my head!  I still drink tea all the live long day.

We are 14 weeks from our move date.  EEK!  If you don't know, Adam and I are moving our family back to Missouri to a new job.  We are really excited, scared, nervous and happy!  Not sure how all those same feelings can be inside me at once....maybe that's why I have knots in my shoulders and a queasy feeling in my stomach sometimes.  Hmmm.

And, no, I haven't started packing.  People keep asking me that and it's starting to make me panic, so don't ask, ok?!  Just kidding.  It's actually fairly motivating to be asked.  But, I'm really not going to start until we are about 3 or 4 weeks out anyway.  There's no point.  I'll just end up packing something we'll need, then I'll have to unpack, then that will be depressing.  My thought is that if I can wait until the snow stops and I can pack up our snow gear, then that will get me started.  So, that should be around the first of June...!  That's the mountains for ya!

Have a happy weekend!

No comments: