Friday, February 22, 2013

Last week of term=craziness

Always.  That's what the last week of term always means.  And, unfortunately, that also means for me little to no blogging.

Monday, Sprite had a project due on one of our first presidents:  James Madison.

Tuesday, Puck had a science fair at school, followed by a potluck.  He chose to study cheetahs, created a diorama, a picture poster and report with his 4th grade book buddy, and took a survey of his classmates to see who liked cheetahs and who didn't.  (The shocking result of that survey was unanimous votes for Yes, they all like cheetahs~~wow!)

Kindergarten science fair-Addi studied cheetahs
I was a dummy and forgot my camera.  Phone pix to the rescue!

Wednesday, Scamp's Around the World Country project on Kazakhstan was due.  He had to research his country, write out a rough and final draft, notecards for his presentation, create a display for his presentation and then present his report.  We also made Kazakh Lemon Chicken for lunch that day (which was surprisingly good).
DSC_0001
This sort of project is challenging for any kid, and Scamp was no exception.  I knew this was coming, having gone through it with Sprite who is a self-starter when she was in 3rd grade, and I was absolutely dreading it since Scamp is the opposite of a self-starter....what would that be?  A self-distracter?  I don't know, anyway I was completely not looking forward to it.  But it was such a pleasant surprise, he was able to focus and stay on target to get his work done.  I'm not saying it was without angst and turmoil, just much less then I had anticipated and readied myself for.  And he did all the work himself, too, I want to be clear on that!

To top everything off on this busy week, Puck came home sick with a fever on Wednesday and has been recuperating on the couch.  And of course our Spring Break starts today at 1:00!  Oh well, he's feeling better and now all we can hope for is that the rest of us stay well.

No comments: