Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's ~I Heart Everything~ Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today I have been busy making gnocci (which I'll share with you another day, if it turns out~ha!), chocolate pie and crafting up a bit of Valentine goodness.  Nothing much, the only holiday I actually decorate for is Christmas, but I just loved Jenny's Valentine Garland. So cute, and super easy (which is the best combination ever), so I had to do that.

So I'm just going to be honest with you.  I'm not overly fond of this holiday, or I haven't been so much in the past.  It just seems so contrived that you have to have a certain day designated as the day you talk about love and go on dates and on and on.  BUT, I can be rather cynical, so I'll put that aside and since I DO love my people, I'm going to use today to make an extra effort.  Maybe that's what it's truly about--making an extra effort.

Extra effort for me is taking something I normally do, and love to do, and just expand it.  So tonight, I am making home made gnocci.  Home made pasta is just so extra effort I think!  At least for me it is.  I probably looks different for everyone.

Adam and I stopped trying to make this day about only us a long time ago.  We include the kids in our special dinner because we are a family and we love each other.  To us, this is important (not to mention it waaaaay takes the pressure off of both of us!) and our kids have come to really look forward to our special Valentine's Day dinner and dessert (which is special just because we don't usually have dessert).

Do you celebrate Valentine's day?  What do you do?

No comments: