Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas 2012--a recap

For my family's sake and the desire to continue to use this space as a way to record and remember our daily miracles, I have to go back and post about our Christmas.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We spent Christmas here in the mountains.  I am always conflicted about this time of year.  On one hand, I really want to be with our extended family, letting my kids play with their cousins and/or grandparents. But then on the other hand, I love staying home and just being together, hunkering down and enjoying the snow, the cooking, the time off from school.  So that's what we did this year.

Christmas day Adam and I planned a rack of lamb and other fixings for our main meal, late afternoon.  We have some friends that have a tradition of sledding on Christmas day and they invited us over before we had our Christmas feast.   We all had such a blast.

DSC_0106

DSC_0100
DSC_0090
DSC_0085
After a couple of hours we decided it was time to head home.  I took the last tube down....
DSC_0081
.....and sprained my ankle!

The ER was not the Christmas night I had envisioned!  But it was only a mild sprain so no surgery needed, thank goodness.  I was so relieved, as I had imagined weeks of PT and crutches in my future.

The lamb was held til the day after Christmas and we enjoyed a feast of Chinese food instead (our kids thought this was just perfect since we had just watched The Christmas Story that day).

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A few days later we said good-bye to our good friends, school mates and neighbors.  These boys were in Sprite and Scamp's class and were truly the best of friends.

 PicMonkey Collage
* * * * * * ** * * * * * * * *

The next week, since I wasn't hobbling around nearly as much, we decided to spend the night in Denver, just get out of our valley for a bit.

PicMonkey Collage 2Denver 12.2012
We played at Fun City (courtesy of a Groupon, not sure I would pay full price for that), ate at some great restaurants, shopped at LEGO and American Girl, and swam at the hotel pool.  So much fun!

We were all very ready to get back to routine when January 7th came around, even if that meant heading back to school.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Side note, I'm going to be updating my 2013 reading list soon, so check back in for that!

1 comment:

Jen said...

We had so much fun that day....but I will forever feel bad about your ankle! So glad it was nothing serious!!