Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9: Getting Away part 3

For part 3 of Being Home by Getting Away I decided to act on my own thoughts this morning.  I was already planning to write about getting outside by yourself.  When I looked out my window this morning, I knew I should put off the writing and just go.  So glad I did.

It was lovely.  Blue-blue skies, a chill in the air and my chores were done.  I put on my boots (first time out this season!), coat and hat, grabbed my camera and hit the trail.  We live in a truly beautiful place.  Sometimes it's easy to forget that when you're lugging kids to school and soccer, fighting about homework and poop-scooping the yard.

DSC_0001b

Whenever I go for a just a walk I have to fight a little bit of guilt that crops up because I'm not running.  Walking fast just isn't quite the same.

But what it doesn't do for fat-burning it more than makes up for in mind-cleansing.

Get out today, in God's world, enjoy the beauty that surrounds you.

No comments: