Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 18: Getting some things done



I sprayed my shower down this afternoon with a little Magic Spray.  That stuff is amazing.

Our closet is off our bathroom, so I decided that, since I had a couple hours of wait-time for the Magic to work, I'd clean out my side of the closet.  This has been needing to be done for oh, about 5 years.

I am a terrible hoarder when it comes to certain clothing items.  I have a few things that date back to college days.  And as embarrassing as that may be, I will most likely still be holding onto my beloved grey sweatshirt when I'm 90!  Somethings you just CAN'T GIVE UP.

  I have this tendency to think that if something isn't completely worn out, I'll wear it again.

So wrong.

Over the past few weeks, I've come home with some cute new clothes.  But I haven't taken the much needed time to sort out my old things.  So I had to just keep cramming my new clothes into my already stuffed closet.

A few days ago, I hit rock-bottom:  I literally had zero hangers free to hang things up.  The line was drawn.  The clothes were wrinkled and wearing on me.

Something (plural, please, somethings) had to go.

So I pulled out every item that I hadn't worn in the past year.  There were many that hadn't even seen the outside of this closet in the three years we've been in this house.  I piled them all on my bed and started sorting.

I now have a few new piles ready for the Thrifty shop and my closet is much more manageable.

This is usually the place where if I was reading this story on someone else's blog they say something like, "I found a few treasures I had completely forgotten about!"  Yeah.  Not me.  Everything I pulled out that went to the giveaway piles were not treasures and had not been forgotten about.  I had just been plain lazy.

Have you cleaned out your closet lately?  Or are you really good and keep it cleaned out and organized?  I would totally be impressed if you did.

This is day 18 of a 31 Day series on Being Home. 


No comments: