Sunday, August 26, 2012

The night before the first day of school

And all is quiet.

Amazingly.

I have mixed feelings, as you can well imagine, sending my baby into the wild world of school!  However, most of those feelings are leaning strongly toward the positive and I am confident that after just a few choked tears on my part, I will be able to take a deep breath and shout WOO HOO with all the other mamas out there dropping their kids off.

If Puck wasn't just so very ready, this would be harder.  As it is, he'll most likely wave 'bye and I'll have to make myself not insist on a hug!

Sprite and Scamp are ready, too.  It's been a great summer, but they're ready for this year.  I am so thankful. 

I'm hoping to be able to be more present here.  I miss writing.  I miss recording our memories.  I know I'll forget things I wanted to remember from this summer.  But time away is good, even if unintentional.

SO.  When do your kids go back?  Already there?  How is the school year shaping up for you?

No comments: