Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer time is rolling along

I'm just going to go ahead and say here, right now, what you all already know:

I'm not going to be blogging all that much this summer.

Whew!  That's a relief to get that out there.  Now I no longer have to feel guilty about my neglected little ol' blog here.  Just do me a favor and keep Part of the Miracles in your Reader (or go right now and put it in there!) so that when I do get the whim to write, there it will be.

Thanks.

SO!

How is your summer going?  Ours is great so far.  Super warm, full of the pool and this week we have vacation Bible school.  I'm helping with the craft area, which this year is more science-y.  Very fun!

We visited Denver last weekend.  Always a great time.  There's  a relatively new museum called the Colorado History Center.  Our family loved our visit there.  There was an exhibit of a Japanese Internment Camp that was here in CO.  So interesting, but also very sobering.

Scamp and Sprite's favorite exhibit was the town of Keota, CO back in the early 1900s.  All of this museum was hands on with tons of activities for kids and grown-ups alike.

DSC_0095 wm
At the general store

DSC_0094 wm
Collecting eggs to sell at the general store

DSC_0096 wm
Yikes!  Puck is a little young to be behind that wheel!

And then Puck's favorite exhibit was the LEGO Denver mock-up.  He was so overwhelmed and in AWE.  His just a sample of the pictures he had me take.

LEGO COLLAGE wm

What have you done for fun this summer?

No comments: