Thursday, April 5, 2012

A little bit of this, little bit of that

I'm a little bit scared to say it out loud but I think we're over all our sickness.

Whew.  It was a doozy and a half.

In the past 12 days, we have had one day where no one in the house was sick and one day when all three kids were sick at the exact same time.  Fever, aches, pains, headaches, congestion.  Just great stuff.

And then, if that weren't enough, the stomach virus hit Tuesday evening.

I have a parent tip for you: When your kid says he feels nauseous and doesn't want to eat dinner you should believe him.  And  you should also park him next to the toilet because he might just cover your couch, floor and bathroom in, well....you know.  I'll spare you the gory details.  You most likely know them already anyway.

We weren't the only ones affected, either.  Apparently, our whole valley has been taken.  Homeschooled, public schooled and private schooled.  The virus made no exceptions, no bias.

Ok--absolutely enough about that!

"Adventure Seekers" game.  Not sure where the name came from but I love these boys being boys.

We have had some awesome days to be outside.  The weather is just perfect.

It's even supposed to be nice for Easter.  When has that ever happened?  It seems like we all get pretty, new summer-y clothes for Easter and then it rains, or even snows, or is for sure cold.  But this Sunday is supposed to be 70s and sunny!  Yippee!!  I foresee a photo shoot in my kids' near future.

playgroundb
Shorts are out of their hiding and legs are looking bare and in need of some vitamin D!  Big girl not wanting her picture taken. :)

I may have even done a small fist pump when we turned the corner at WalMart and saw that all the ski and snow apparel has been replaced with bikes, plants and lawn furniture!

I spied this pretty flower pot and knew my calla lily would make it feel right at home.  That limp thing was needing a new container.
plantingb
It was looking wilty and limp and generally pathetic.

I'm hoping a new house helps her perk up.
She looked slightly better this morning.  Although I think I may have seen her shaking in her boots with Ruby eying her green-ness.  I was the one to pluck those leaves, though, not the feline.

Sunday we are having friends over for Easter dinner.  What are your plans for this most glorious weekend?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow! I did not realize you guys got the stomach bug too! Geez...what a crazy few weeks of sickness! May we all enjoy the fresh air, sunshine and health Spring will hopefully offer?!?!?