Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday

This is my one and only day at home this week.  The others have been taken up with carpool, errands and other responsibilities.  Most weeks aren't like this, it just happens every now and then.

DSC_0077b

BUT.  I am reveling in today.  I looked forward to it all week long.

I was up at 6:00, kids out the door by 7:00 (yep, early early) and had myself all ready to go at 8:15.  Not too bad.  Two cups of tea downed, my Reader emptied and some emails taken care of.  Some much needed time in the Word and prayer.  Reminders of joys this week.

My friends are coming in two short days (as Sprite so sweetly counted out for me, she's as happy as I am to have guests--and she can't even remember these people--ha!) and the guest room looks like, well, it looks like it hasn't been used for guests in about three months.

guest room

Oh dear. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

We are having enchiladas for dinner tonight.  I get a bit ridiculous about the happiness food can bring.

green fruit

I'll be using these beauties tonight:  tomatillos and avocados.  GREEN GOODNESS.

Happy Thursday everyone!

1 comment:

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Sounds like a lovely day on tap! Enjoy the quiet and prep. And especially the enchiladas!!