Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday night

The weekend is over. *sigh*  Why is the weekend always so short?

Scamp told me tonight at bedtime that the weekend seemed like it was 7 hours long.  Apparently, that is a very short amount of time.  I tried to give the "parent answer", something wise and understanding.  Then I finally just said, Yeah, it seemed really short to me, too.

It was a beautiful weekend, though.  Saturday was full of a bunch of nothing.  The kids were outside most of the day.  Riding their bikes, rollerblading, digging in the dirt, playing ball, playing with neighbor friends.  I even got a run in.  By myself.  Bliss.

* * * * * * * * * * * * 

This week proves to be just as busy as the last.  Play practice starts up tomorrow, two conferences for 2nd term at school, a basketball tournament Tuesday, plus carpool and shopping.  Etc., etc., etc.  It's life, right?

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Tonight we asked our small group to pray for our friends health because they are hoping to come see us in two weeks.  They've been struck with the ickies.  Nice.

Then this evening, as I was looking over my calendar, I realized that I had obviously thought March 17th was later on in the month than it really was.  They are coming this Saturday.  (Don't worry, Kim, sheets will be clean and we are ready for you!)  I am so very excited to have my sweet friend, Kim, come.  I've known this gal since preschool.  Preschool!  She was my maid-of-honor, my college roomie, bestie all through high school and college.  This lady is the real deal.  I'm so happy to have her as my friend.  And I can't believe this, but it's been about a year and a half since we've seen each other.  A good chat face-to-face is long overdue.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

All your sweet words on the new blog header made me smile last week!  Thanks!  I love the fresh colors, too.  It's eye-candy after all the dull white of winter.

Have a great Monday!

No comments: