Thursday, March 8, 2012

can't...get...going...

Spring is so close!

DSC_0069

It's warming up, the snow is melting, there are robins nesting in the tree next door.

Ruby is going slightly insane with all the flying to and fro of those nesting robins.

We broke the jackets out of their winter dungeon, and they now hang free on the coat rack.

I wear 3/4 length shirts without sporting goose bumps the entire day.

I saw bunnies and elk in the last week.

I noticed just the other day that this Sunday is the start of Daylight Savings.  That spells spring to me, when the days don't end at 5:30 when the sun goes down.

And yet, with all the freshness that is everywhere, I can't seem to get writing again, and that really makes me sad.  I sit down to write, even opening a new tab for my dashboard, and am immediately swamped by the idea.  It's too easy to put off.

I'm reading.  A lot.  So maybe that's taking the place.  (Not that I've updated my 2012 book list or anything.)


Here are some current reads you might enjoy:
  • Whatever--Meg is so smart and funny, crafty and real.
  • Flower Patch Farm Girl--Shannon and her family have taken a major change in their life.  I find it intriguing, fascinating, and inspiring.  Especially in light of reading Radical (see below) and having just finished Don't Waste Your Life.
  • Jen Hatmaker  intense, I'm still thinking through things here
  • Radical (equally intense, so much fantastic discussion we are having in small group--dang.)
  • The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin--oh, this on is SO GOOD!
  • Queen Bees and Wannabees by Rosalind Wiseman--you got a girl?  Read This.
What are you reading lately?

* * * * * * * * * * * *

In other, completely unrelated news, Sprite is performing in our school's spring musical, Seussical the Musical!  I'm so proud of her, this is not in her comfort zone.  I am also living just a bit vicariously through her because I always, always wanted to be in our school's musicals but never had the nerve to try out.  Silly me.  I was such a teeny, tiny wallflower.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

In other, other unrelated news, we set our summer vacation dates!  We have never, ever taken a real vacation like this.  We are so excited!!  I'll give you two clues:  it involves sand and waves.

!!!!!

I'm off to clean and do laundry.  That is certainly something that can't be put off for long!

Have a wonderful Thursday.  The best thing about Thursday is that tomorrow is Friday.  Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love you flower pic! You are making me crave Spring now! I am very excited about the longer days too and I am very excited about your vacation!!