Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wednesday

I might just start every post this week that's the day of.  Seems simple.  And I'm rarely good at titles anyway.

The Nester posted a couple of weeks ago about putting up pictures in her home.  She had just painted a wall and I believe the number of nail holes she counted and patched up was something like 83.  Dang, that's a whole heck of a lot of holes.  But, what she said about all those nail holes really hit home in my mind and has been rattling it's way around in there ever since.  She wrote:  "Please, for the love of all that is lovely don't be afraid to make a nail hole."

Oh, but I am.  I AM!  I am afraid of making a hole and then regretting it!

The ironic thing is, is that I think that that has happened approximately...never.  I can usually eye-ball where I want the thing that's to be on the wall, pencil in an X and drive in the nail.  Easy peasy.

So, like I said, that rattled around in my brain for awhile because while I am more of a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of girl in most situations, when it comes to making a purchase or doing something my brain deems "drastic" to our home (nail holes?) I become a ponderer.  For months.  Or years.

Two summers ago my kids did these paintings of flowers.  I loved them so much I framed them.
The next summer.  See, home decorating=long, drawn out deliberation.
After I framed them, they sat in my living room, propped up against the wall, collecting dust.

And collecting and collecting and collecting.  Because they then sat there for another 6-7 months (I've lost track).

Do you seeing where this is going?

Today was the DAY!  Yessir.  I pulled those photos out of their little corner, dusted them (oh, were they ever dusty!), eyed my walls and hammered in the nails.

Picnik collage


DSC_0058b
I just got going and hung up this one, too (which is not done by the kids, but is one of my favorites) and the little item (shown above) we got in Korea with the traditional dress has been up awhile.


There.  Done.  Voila.  And no regrets!  Nothing earth-shattering, but sometimes it just takes overcoming your own little hurtles that can make a day great.

How about you?  Are you a decorate-on-a-whim kind of girl?  Or do you ponder, stew, and fret?

No comments: