Thursday, January 12, 2012

I told you, I told you they were changing!!

The 4th grade at our school is piloting an iPad program.  That means each 4th grader gets his or her own iPad for use at school.  How very cool is that?

Sprite is in 4th grade.  Technology is her thing, which it is mainly for most kids, right?  Kids these days, I tell ya.  Why, when I was in high school, the Internet wasn't even invented yet!

I'm just kidding, we did have the Internet, but it was weird, wasn't it?  Just like a bunch of forums and such, nothing at all like it is today.

This morning I was going through my inbox, responding to emails, and checking out some favorite blogs, when up pops a new email.

From my daughter.

Apparently, they have an email address from the school now.  My goodness, I won't lie and say it wasn't a little weird to get an email from my own child.  I suppose I need to get used to it.  It's the beginning of a new era around here.  This was her first email to me:

emma's email

The next email I got was in response to the one I sent back to her.

emma's email 2

"Mwaaaa!"  Did you get that?  She just told me the other day she learned what that meant.  This kid cracks me up!

The last email I got from her said she was going to stop emailing me now.  So I now have four emails from Sprite, the first telling me she was emailing me, the middle two saying that yes, she did get my response and the last telling me she was done with emailing.

Love that.  Pure and simple.  At least, in this one instance, I do know what's going on in her head.

Do your kids have an email account?

No comments: