Friday, January 13, 2012

13 on Friday the 13th

evening sky
Last night's evening sky.  Love the pink clouds.  It was so cold I could hardly breath.
  1. I didn't even realize today was Friday the 13th until a few minutes ago when I read a friend's comment on her Flickr photo.  
  2. I've never been superstitious about Friday the 13th.  Are you?
  3. I've been listening to Nickel Creek Pandora radio for 3 days straight.
  4. I absolutely love bluegrass.  At least the newer stuff, the old, twangy music can grind on my nerves a bit.
  5. I don't usually get homesick.  I've lived a lot of different places and will get itchy for home, but not exactly sick.  Today I read my sister-in-laws post and immediately teared up with a case of the homesickness. 
  6. Puck had gymnastics this morning.  When we got in the car at 9:30, it was 6 degrees.  When we got back in the car after gymnastics, it was still 6 degrees.
  7. When Adam got to work yesterday morning it was -24 in Vail.  Crazy cold!  Made the -8 here seem almost balmy.
  8. But not really.
  9. Thankfully, the sun is shining today.
  10. The cat bullies the dog.  It's really sad, and we try to stick up for Winnie when we can, but I sort of think a 100lbs dog should be able to hold her own with the 11lbs cat, and if she doesn't, well, then maybe she doesn't deserve our help.
  11. Our school has had to cancel two Ski Fridays so far because there is so little snow on the mountain.  The kids were super excited that today it was on.  I am always a bit nervous when their out there--especially with a small amount of terrain open and an abundance of skiers out there.  
  12. I finally framed my two large photos I took of Denver a year ago.  I'm a procrastinator.  Now that they are framed, we're thinking we actually need a third to go where we want them.  Oy.
  13. Adam is coaching basketball this year.  Tonight is their first home game and we're all going.  Should be fun!
DSC_0082

Happy Friday the 13th and I hope you ALL have an incredible weekend!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Poor Winnie! Perhaps the cold will leave us as the snow is coming? The boys have learn to ski on Friday....wonder if that will happen?