Friday, October 14, 2011

Night Game

Scamp's game Monday was a night game.  It’s starting to get dark now about 6:15 and is completely dark by 6:45.  I was skeptical when I noticed Scamp’s game scheduled at 6:30, but figured it was a typo and would be changed.  The coach thought the same, but we soon found out they were planning to turn on the lights.  Wow!

DSC_0032

Look at that moon!
DSC_0031

The kids’ excitement was tangible.  It was kind of thrilling.  There was almost the feeling of a high school Friday night football game.  I could almost smell popcorn and orange nacho cheese sauce.  I wouldn’t have been surprised had the pom pom squad and marching band come out to the field for a pre-game show.  Ahhh.  I don’t miss much of anything about high school, but Friday night football games are on the short list of sweet memories from those years.

DSC_0038

The mountains practically glowed under the full moon.  Can you believe that snow?  It came last week and will most likely stick till next May.

It was a great game.  Scamp is in the blue pants up there.  I don’t think the game had started yet.  Only one more week of soccer left.  I will not be sorry to see it go.  It’s been fun, but I’m always ready for a more relaxed week and taking sports away for a few weeks won’t hurt anybody.

Until volleyball, gymnastics and basketball starts.  Oy.

What sports are you shlepping stuff to and fro for this time of year!

No comments: