Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday with the cat

Rubes was lounging on the couch in such a ridiculous manner that I couldn't help but snap some shots of her.  Some are an arieal view, some are down low, and in the final one I think she finally got tired of the click-click-click and stuck her head under the pillow.
I just have some random (shocking, I know) things today, so I thought some silly cat snapshots fit the bill.

DSC_0270


Yesterday started downright cold.  Today it has been sunny and warm and oh-so end of August-y.  I love end of August.  It's still summer, but fall is poking her head around the corner, just letting you know she's coming.


DSC_0272b


Tomorrow is the first of September, and I'm just sure I'll wake up to the whisper of leaves on the sidewalk.  As much as I love summer, I love autumn just that much more.  It's my favorite time of year, I'm always so sad it's so short feeling.  Last fall was wonderful and long.  I'm hoping for a repeat this year.  But it will most likely snow on Halloween and not melt until May.  *sigh*  I hope I'm wrong!

DSC_0268b


I picked dozens and dozens of weeds out of flowerbed this morning before I realized they were actually off-shoots of one of our plants.  Oops.


DSC_0275c

Have you discovered Pinterest yet?  Gracious, I am in love.  Facebook isn't a struggle for me (anymore) as far as a time waster.....but I could spend forever on Pinterest.  Love it.  Who else is on it?

DSC_0274b

I roasted garlic this afternoon.  It's set to go into some awesome looking garlic with fresh herbs bread here in a bit.  I'll be sure and let you know if it's as delicious as it looks.  Roasted garlic smells absolutely divine, by the way.

DSC_0277b

I'm off to bake bread and plan for tutoring. 

I love being able to bake bread and not roast the house.  That's just one benefit of fall!

No comments: