Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Trip to the Big City

We came home from camping, took a day and a half at home to do all that laundry--gracious!--and then packed up the car again and headed to the Big City.  We LOVE the Big City.  We have the.best.time when we're there.

We took the kids to one of those bouncy places.  It was a blast!

We went to the newest IKEA.  Always fun, although crowded.

We ate at so many yummy places.  Sprite figured out we had seven cuisines:  Swedish (IKEA, duh), Japanese (sushi), Greek (gyros, hummus, tzanziki, felafel), American (Chick-fil-a), French (quiche), Moroccan (various assortments) and Vietnamese (one of our favorite restaurants there).  And I'm not sure what cuisine cheesecake is considered, but we had that, too.

We walked and took the bus.

We sat in traffic.  I didn't say the entire time was fun.

We were together.

And I literally only took one picture with my big-girl camera the whole time we were there.  It was on the way there in the car, and it wasn't even on purpose.  I was seeing how dirty my sensor was when I accidentally snapped the shutter.
DSC_0019
Nice.

However, at my prodding, Adam did put the Instagram app on his iPhone, so I played around with it a bit.  What a cool app!  I realize, I'm probably the last person on the face of the earth to use it, but I don't have an iPhone, or even a "smart" phone, so I have no way of really using it on a regular basis.  Super cool though!

Running
Ghostly Puck

Train in LoDo Denver
Gotta love tilt-shift.

Sleepies
This was on the way home.  We obviously wore them out!

It's August 2nd!  I can't believe how the summer is FLYING.  How about you?  What are you doing to keep summer alive?

No comments: