Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Whole Truth

I'm about to go full-confessional on you all here today.

There's no list.

No photos to back me up.

Just the truth.

If you know if me in real life, this may or may not come as a surprise to you.

But if you only know me online, you may think I'm just a really cool, uber-hip mama.

Not only would you be wrong *ehem* and probably not even think that--it's ok! I'm not!-- but you'll be shocked to find out that I am a....a.....a....



a TREKKIE!!



While I haven't dressed up as a Vulcan, memorized Klingon vocabulary or traipsed around a Trekkie conference (I have a bit of pride), just the fact that I didn't have to check the spelling of the word "Trekkie" is something.  Although, in retrospect, one of those above facts alone probably disqualifies me as a true-blue in the eyes of a die hard Trekkie.  Oh well.  I have limits.

And, here's another confession, related but different.  I have been known, in the past, to tease Trekkies.

There.  It's out.  So, if my college friend, Highley, is out there and happens to be reading this, I just have to say I'm sorry!  I get it now--I'm a believer!

The whole thing started when I was in the hospital after Sprite was born.  We were in this cushy postpartum room, just the three of us, and Adam started flipping through the hospital TV channels.  Lo and behold, there was a Star Trek TNG Marathon running!  (TNG stands for The Next Generation for those of you not in the know.  It doesn't get any better than Patrick Stewart.) 

And, ok, first I gagged because, I "hated" Star Trek, right?  But Adam convinced me to give it a try and what do you know?  I was hooked.


Here's where it all comes to a point in the present:    You can probably only imagine my joy (oh, and Adam is pretty stoked about it, too) when we saw TNG on the instant queue of Netflix.

Sweet.

And if you are still anti-Trekkie, you should rent the newest Star Trek movie.  You just might become a convert.

Live long and prosper.

Linking up with A Familiar Path.

No comments: