Monday, July 11, 2011

Getting our summer back

Tonight was the last game of t-ball for Scamp.  He has loved the season.  And so have I, but I have to be honest and say that I will be glad to reclaim summer before it's officially over in six short weeks.  EEEK!

DSC_0069b

The game was in Edwards, which is up valley about 20 miles so it was fun to be in a different location than our typical spot in town. 
DSC_0072b
There's a fantastic park there as well that we haven't been to in awhile so they were pumped to be able to play there as well.  Pizza and cookies rounded out the evening nicely.
DSC_0075b

We were almost home when Scamp hollers, "MOM!  Look at those kangaroos!!"
We all whipped our heads around, even though I knew it couldn't possibly be, but I suppose you never know.  Escaped zoo animals from Denver maybe?

DSC_0079b
Then, I saw them.  We quickly u-turned (probably completely illegal, so let's just keep that to ourselves, ok?  I don't need any more points on my license) and pulled over with the hazards on.

Adorbs!
DSC_0079c

Sprite has two more games and then her softball season will be over.  It really has been fun to see them doing something new and different and pushing themselves in a new environment.  But I'm still secretly glad to have it coming to a close.  Is that wrong?  I don't know how my mom did all those years of all those sports!

No comments: