Saturday, July 23, 2011

Birthday Confessions with a little bit of camping mixed in

Scamp had his bowling birthday party last night.  It's the first time we've ever paid someone to do a party for us. 

DSC_0056

Typically, the food, the festivities and the clean-up are all on us.  I can't tell you how amazing it was to just arrive at the alley, eat their food, and then LEAVE!  That was it! 

DSC_0061

I did make the cake.  I did not miss my calling in life.  This looks easy and effortless.....it.was.not.
But it was yummy.

041cake

This is the card Sprite made for him.  Super cute.



Remember his dinner request?  Lucky for Scamp the mussels and crab were on sale, so we had mussels AND crab legs AND shrimp pasta.  You can see how happy he was.  I meant to get an after-photo of the carnage--it was immense and full of various shells, but a remarkably easy clean-up (which, related to what I mentioned above, is a bonus). What you don't see here are the green beans and corn on the cob he also requested. They had to be served from an off-site due to the magnitude of the main meal.

DSC_0001
We leave for a camping trip tomorrow so today is full of frantic preparation.  Camping is so fun, but such a chore.  Our kids are so excited, though, so it's all worth it.  At least I hope I'm still saying that come Tuesday.......I'll let you know.

For more Saturday (or ANY day, for that matter) Confessions, join in here:

No comments: