Tuesday, May 24, 2011

strawberry goodness

We don't have strawberries growing here yet.  We have a couple of strawberry plants, but I really don't see anything coming from them until mid-summer.  If then.  Our green thumb has yet to be tested.

But the stores have beautiful, big strawberries in right now.  And, while they aren't small sweet Missouri strawberries like I grew up with, they are tasty and mighty fine.  Not to mention I don't have to stoop over numerous rows of bushes to get a bucket full. 

But I do like that, strawberry picking.

Here's a super easy and yummy dessert, snack, shoot--it could be breakfast if you want!

DSC_0025b

Here's the recipe.  It was featured on The Pioneer Woman a few weeks back.  Delish.  Absolutely.
I didn't have any basil, so I just made regular ol' whipped cream.  Ah-maz-ing.

And we had some of the last of our Korean Chrysanthemum tea that night, too.  What a treat! Isn't it pretty?
DSC_0023b

You can find this in the States, but it's seems more special because it flew over with us on our way home from Korea.  Remarkably, the taste hasn't diminished in the last 4 years.

I can't believe it's been nearly 4 years.  wow.

What are you doing with all your strawberries?

No comments: