Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spring Wreath with Recycled Egg Cartons


I saw this awhile ago and knew I wanted to try this with Puck. So I started saving egg cartons about a month ago.  Little did I know it would take a snowy day, not being able to go outside and quite a bit of spring fever to get us going on this project. 

I don't have any photos of me cutting all those little egg cups into shapes, but that is definitely an adult/older kid job.....my thumb was numb the rest of the night.  That was weird.



DSC_0012b


We used the paint that comes in those little attached buckets, I think it might be acrylic.  We found that the cardboard soaked up the paint quite a bit, so I don't think watercolor would work for this.



DSC_0013b


The more color choices, the better!



DSC_0015c



DSC_0014b


I finally gave into the pleading for a face-painting.



DSC_0020b


DSC_0021b


this isn't a low-watt glue gun, so I glued and Puck did the flower arranging.


DSC_0022b


DSC_0024b


oh!  I forgot to show you what we used for the wreath base.  as you can see, anything can be used.  dr. pepper is an addiction.



DSC_0023b


cheerful spring flowers to bring color to our grey skis!


DSC_0026b



No comments: