Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First hike of the season

One of my very favorite things to do in the mountains is hike.  I love being able to get outside, hike in beautiful, uninhabited country, and not be bothered by bugs or sweat.  I hate sweating--and I grew up in Missouri humidity.  Oy.

Our trails have been open since mid-April, but since our Spring has been anything but Spring-like, we haven't had an opportunity to get out there yet and enjoy our area.

Hike 2

Yesterday, Puck and I headed out to one of our local trails.  I'm not sure of the name of this one, but I love it.  It's secluded, but busy enough that I feel safe.  There are wildflowers blooming right now.  Gorgeous red Indian Paintbrush was in abundance with lots of little purple and white flowers thrown in for variety. 

hike 3

Plenty of sticks, too, so Puck the Knight was happy.  He kept us protected from any dragons.

Hike 4

Winnie also loves to hike, but this dog is out of shape!  She was huffing and puffing the whole time.  I imagine that black fur coat can be a drag in the heat.  We found a creek.  They were both happy.

Hike 5

The view.  Spectacular.

Hike 6

Hike 7

Is warm weather upon you?  How are celebrating these first warm days?

No comments: