Saturday, April 9, 2011

confession Saturday

Melissa has a link up today for short, sweet and to the point confessions for an easy read on a Saturday morning.  At least that's when I read it.  And linked up.

This is just my type of post on a Saturday.  No reason to string together cohesive, well-thought out sentences.  No point to make.  Just a plain list.  And I'm really good at making a list.
Following through and checking off that list, however, we'll leave out of here. 

1.  Super heroes are invading nearly every living space of our home.  Even the heroes of this world need to use the loo, I suppose.

super hero in the loo
2.  It's finally nice enough for the kids to play outside on a regular basis, a lot of the time even without a jacket on.  But Spring has it's drawbacks:  we're currently under a sever weather/snow warning.  At least they can play this morning.

3.  I love cowboy boots and pjs.
Picnik collage

4. We are really and truly going to get a garden going this summer.  Gardening in the Rocky Mountains ain't easy, but we're going to give it a go.  We have several friends with beautiful gardens, so I know it can be done.  It just takes a different approach.  You have to be willing to cover your garden at any point of the growing season, be it May or July or September (the locals still talk about the year it snowed out the 4th of July celebration).

5.  Soccer starts this week for Sprite and Scamp.  That means two nights of 5:30 practice in an already busy week.  Woo hoo!

6.  Crock pot here I come (see #5).

7.  Last night I made this and grilled asperagus, zucchini and roasted red peppers.  Dynamite.  I was scared to only cook that Ahi for 1 minute a side, so I cooked it 1 1/2 minutes a side and it was still "blushing" in the middle (his words, not mine).  Delish!  You should try it.

8.  My friend, Jen, has a blog.  I know her, like know her IRL (in real life).  I know a blogger!  How fun!  She's great, a homeschooler, super creative and funny.  Visit and give her some blog-love, ok?

9.  I'm now having to think of things to list, therefore, I'm stopping.  What's the point of a list if you have to think, right?  I know.  That's why I'm stopping!

Adios, and happy weekending!  For more random-linkidge, go on over to Melissa's blog.  Enjoy!

No comments: