Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's uncanny, really

I washed the kids' sheets Tuesday.  It's on my list to do every Tuesday, but sometimes those Tuesdays really add up before I actually wash them.
I know--it's gross!  I get it...I get that it's gross, but honestly, stripping three beds, washing all those sheets and then getting all the linens back on the bed before bedtime just about does me in.
And I also know I don't miss a single sheet-washing-Monday for my own sheets.
I'm a hypocrite.  Please don't judge.

After I got all the kids' sheets, pillowcases, comforters, blankets and lovies put back on their beds Tuesday night, I knew one more thing:  a day spent washing every single piece of kid-bedding pretty much guarantees that someone will, um, have an accident that night.
Guess what?  I was right.  Ugh.
The only bright part was that it at least happened at 6 am instead of 2 am.  I typically get the kids up at 6:30, so there was just a bit of sleep lost.
To protect the identity, I won't share with you the name of the culprit.  I'll just give you a hint:  his name rhymes with truck.
******
The comforters don't fit in my washer.  I used to stuff them, but the the washer started leaking and I can't do that anymore.  Fortunately, we have a laundromat in town.
DSC_0031b
It doubles as a gas station.
DSC_0024b
It's a bit sketchy, but you do what you gotta do.
Puck and I passed the time by counting circles
DSC_0022
and looking for numbers.
DSC_0027
Fortunately, some Transformers showed up in time to change from a robot to a boat.
DSC_0035b
DSC_0036b
You can't tell from the photo, but Puck's actually trembling he's working so hard to get those pieces in just the right spot.  This child has the best concentration of our family.

So while it wasn't exactly in the plans for the day, it was actually sort of fun.  Puck and I had uninterrupted one-on-one time together and really, what better way can you spend $4.25?

Then I came home and kissed and hugged and paid homage to my washer and dryer.
The End.

No comments: