Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My nikon {Day 8: joy of Love}

DSC_0005d
day 8 joy of Love: gift from the heart

How do you take a picture with your camera of your camera?  There were mirrors involved, in which I find it hard to focus.  And then there was me involved, in whom I found it hard to get out of the photo.  This wasn't meant as a self-portrait.  But, really, it fits with the theme.  More on that in a minute.

The theme, "gift from the heart", is supposed to be what your love has given you.  Two and half years ago, Adam called from school and told me to be on the lookout for a package that was arriving in the mail that day for his tech department.  I was supposed to call him when it got there so he would know it had arrived.  It did arrive, so I called.  He asked that I open it to make sure everything was ok inside.  When I opened it, and the camera I had been wanting for over a year was inside, I think I let out a little squeal.  I would never, ever have bought this for myself, it was too expensive, too much.  But, Adam, knowing my love of photography and wanting to get me something that he knew I'd really love, had bought it anyway.  Because he loved me.

So, that's the gist of the photo.  
But there's more.
The unintended self-portrait must fit in here as well as the camera.  
I am a different person since I met Adam.  He met a 19-year-old Beth (yes, I know, I was a baby!) who was self-centered, very shy, not confident in the least and who wasn't a very deep thinker. To be honest, I'm not completely sure what drew him to me, except that it was purely God's doing.  Now, I'm not going to say that I've mastered those demons mentioned above because I know that I most certainly have not.  BUT, I am aware of those things now, which must be an improvement.  I really didn't know myself.  Does that sound like a normal 19-year-old?  Yes, I think it does. So self-centered, yet no self-awareness.
Now I'm just spitting a lot of psycho-babble out there.  And I really don't know that, either! 

Enough rambling......bottom line:  Adam makes me a better person.  And for that gift, there is no thank-you enough.

No comments: