Sunday, November 7, 2010

Girls' Afternoon Out

I took Sprite and her sweet friend out and about town this Saturday.  Our first stop was at our local paint-your-own-pottery place.

DSC_0012b
 The last time I did this was back in New York.  My Bancroft buddies (that's the apartment building we all lived in) and I bundled up our kids, hopped on the bus and made our way down (or it may have been up, I can't remember) to the pottery place.  It was a very cold and rainy day, and I remember distinctly being annoyed by how loud we all were on the bus (sorry, guys, it's true.  I was grumpy, what can I say?).  I think the Wheels On the Bus song may even have been involved.  Painting pottery with a five-, three- and one-year old was also distinctly nerve racking.  But, even with all the hassles and head-aches involved, I love that I have that as a moment in our time, loudness and all, because I'll never be in that place or time of life again, and I miss it.  I really, truly do.  I'm so thankful for that memory.
DSC_0015b
Saturday was a completely different experience, one of which I am also very thankful to have. Nine-year-old girls are so much more capable than littles. It's striking, really.  The most I did was find paint for them.  Couldn't have been easier!  Sprite met this girlie when we first moved to Eagle and started going to our church.  This girlie's mom also happens to be a sweet friend of mine, as well.  Isn't God gracious to give us friends who love Him?
DSC_0018b
They each picked out two little penguin figurines to paint.  I can't wait to get them back this week, they are adorable.
DSC_0014b

We then headed to lunch.

Sprite ended up spending the rest of the afternoon at her friend's house scrap-booking, painting shirts and shoes, watching Polyanna (oh! the memories of that movie!) and generally actcing like the sweet, silly girls they are.

DSC_0019b

Here's to more Girl Time!

No comments: