Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Candy Fairy

I don't know about you (actually, I probably do, and if you're a normal American, you're in the same boat as myself), but we had an excessive amount of candy come our way this Halloween.  Sound familiar?

What do you do with it all?  Do you let your kids gorge themselves on it?  By the way, that's what I would do, but Adam and I differ slightly in our approach.  Do you ration it out so that it gets added to the Christmas, Valentine's Day and Easter candy that is sure to come?  Are your candy bins overflowing by the time May arrives?  Do you have a candy bin???

Ok, I'll stop.  But, like I said, since Adam and I differ in our candy consumption techniques, we have to find an answer to the ever growing supply.  Oh, and the constant question of, "Can I have some candy now?"  "Now?"  "How 'bout now?"  "Huh, huh, huh???"

This year we opted for a more sane rout.  We welcomed the "Candy Fairy" into our life.  Have you heard of this particular fairy?  She comes when you leave all your candy outside on the front step and, in her crazed sugar-high, she leaves a special surprise.

Truth:  there is no such thing as The Candy Fairy.  (I'm sorry, I had to tell you.)  Guess what?  Our kids knew that too.  However, we still implemented the whole trade-out-candy-for-something-special-thing.

Enter "Creationary":

DSC_0042

Have you seen this in the stores?  It would make a fantastic gift for your kids.  And, to be honest, I really enjoy it, too!

Picnik collage
Scamp created this the other day.  It really brings out the, um, creativity

DSC_0039

This is what it looks like on the inside:
DSC_0043

It's as cool as it looks.  
Need a gift for that kid who loves to create?  This is it.  
Trust the Candy Fairy.  She knows a thing or two.

*Note:  This is not a paid advertisement, I just love the game and wanted you all to know it.*

No comments: