Friday, September 17, 2010

Routine and Randomness

We now have three weeks of school under our belt.

Routine is setting in.

It's been a busy three weeks.  The total number of nights Adam was at school this week was 3, and one of the nights I was at school.  Four out of five.  Not the best of weeks, not the worst!  Thankfully, the kids are holding up well.

DSC_0171

A few weeks ago, Adam cleaned out the garage.  His Marine Corps box was out there.  Whenever he comes across it, he goes through it and organizes it a little bit more.  This time he got out his hat and handed it to the boys.  They are so excited to have it!

DSC_0220
With Scamp and Sprite in school, Puck gets the brunt of my photo-taking.  He's still young enough to take it in stride.

DSC_0088
obviously unedited with wrinkles, grey hair and all
I got a new camera toy.  It's a remote.

Now even I can be in pictures without having to set my timer and race to get in front of the lens!  Woo hoo!  Every mom should have one.

Am I being sexist to say "Mom", or are most of you Moms the family photographer?  Dads?

DSC_0093

I even got Adam to smile normally for a picture.  It's novel!
You have no idea.
And, another novelty, we were actually on a date.  A real dinner-and-a-movie date. 
Don't worry, we weren't actually driving when I took this!

This weekend will most likely be fall colors here in the Rocky Mountains.  Which means you might see a lot of photos of golden aspens next week.

What are your weekend plans?

No comments: