Saturday, September 11, 2010

Random thoughts on a lazy Saturday morning

Because I don't feel like exerting the energy that it would require for a cohesive post this morning, I'm going with bullets.

  • I got to sleep into 8:40am this morning.  I felt lazy and refreshed and happy all at the same time.  Adam was glad I could sleep in. This was why I could feel happy and not guilty.  Oh, that and the kids entertained themselves all that time without TV.  Remarkable.  And wonderful.
107
  • Today marks the anniversary of 9/11, nine years ago.  I know you all know that.  On that fateful day, I was eight months pregnant with Sprite, in her soon-to-be room all decorated and freshly painted with a mural on the wall that I can't even imagine having the time or the enterprise to enter into now, much less change the color of my kids' beige walls to something more personal.  I was ironing and listening to the oldies station.  I actually thought at first that the announcements were of a different city, a different country.  I wasn't paying attention at first.  Then it hit me what was happening.  I got a call from Adam at work.  He and all the faculty and students were watching the horror unfold on TV.  I was effected, of course, as an American.  However, I didn't personally know anyone who was effected.  Where were you when you heard the news?
IMG_4382
  •  I'm not sure right now if I used "effected" right and am agonizing over it.  Where's Adam when I need his brain?
  • When we moved to and lived in NYC, I felt the horror all over again, on a very different level.  I met people who had had family and friends die in the tragedy.  I visited Ground Zero.  I finally felt the loss on the right level as I should have at the time of the attack.  I felt like a New Yorker.
IMG_4378
  • I found a new blog!  Like Mother, Like Daugther is one of those blogs that you can go and just forget where you are for a minute.  It's also a beautiful blog to experience, with so many words of wisdom and ideas to try for your family.  Visit it.  Soon.  Then put it in your Reader.  Do you have a new favorite blog?  Or an "oldie-but-a-goodie" that you want to read every single day?
  •  Two nights ago, I went to a friend's house for women's Bible study.  It's actually a time where one person shares a talent or skill they have.  I learned how to can.  My mom will be so proud of me!
  • Autumn is upon us.  Like, crazy upon us.  We woke up this morning and it was 65 degrees in our house.  We forgot and left windows open last night.  
DSC_0001

  • I said I was going to blog every single day for the next week. But I'm not going to.  I'm going to take Sunday off.  I want to be with my family, enjoy the sunshine, be in our glorious mountains before the snow flys.
 Have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

Timi said...

You have a beautiful autumn! Here, it's raining all day!!! And the weather is really cold...:o( Maybe we have to move to the U.S...:o)
Have a nice Sunday!

Kim said...

Looks beautiful there! We are looking forward to autumn after such a hot hot summer. I got to sleep in as well-a friend kept our kids last night for our anniversary. It was glorious to wake up at 8:00! I looked at the blog recommend briefly and bookmarked it-looks good! Enjoy your gorgeous Sunday not blogging :) And I'll call next week!