Friday, June 4, 2010

Learning

Some things I've learned over the past few weeks with my camera....

063b
How to go into full Manual mode! The green Auto button is dead to me.

Just kidding, I still have to use it usually in my kids' schools' theater; the lighting just stinks.

But in most situations, it is dead to me.

003b
Working on decent depth of field....
036b
....and bokeh
012b
....with my 50mm lens.

Also, that perspective can make a world of difference.
For example, this picture,
081b

and this one.
082b

Same scene, different perspective, completely different feel.

We begin "doing school" next week here at our house. My kids will be learning how to work together again, and how when they don't get out every single toy they own cleaning up at the end of the day is so much easier. Hopefully.

What have you been learning lately?

4 comments:

mwell said...

You are an AMAZING photographer!
(I really need to get going on my new camera.)

What have I been learning?...(drumroll)...I've been practicing the piano again lately. I haven't touched it for years, but hearing Julie play at her recital this year made me realize just how much I miss playing. I'm pretty rusty, but my goal is to practice a few hours a week this summer - just to get back in the habit. You know ...with all of my 'free time' .... insert rolling eyes here...) ;-)

Love the pictures though - keep them coming! :-D

The dB family said...

Beautiful!! Love the perspective ones!

I am learning to love gardening again.

Blessings!
Deborah

Melissa Stover said...

manual is so much fun! glad you're enjoying it too.

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Awesome photos, Beth! I love learning how to move on from P. You're doing a terrific job.