Wednesday, May 26, 2010

D.I.Y

My baby is one of those kids who just won't let you do anything for him.

037b

"I'll do it myself!" has become his mantra.

038b

Even the really hard things. Like taking off a footed sleeper when he was only one-year-old. It took him nearly 30 minutes, but he had the satisfaction of success that could only be accomplished by shear sweat and perseverance.

039b

Take this challenge of monkey bars. Notice how his proud mama (me) just sat back and watched his hard-headedness, I mean his diligence, in rising to the challenge? I've learned, I tell ya. You just don't help this kid.

040b

Until he takes a spill. Then, and only then, do you casually look a bit concerned and ask if everything is ok. (Of course, this involved jumping up quickly and somehow snapping an unintentional photo of said spill.)

034b

Everything was. Nothing a little brushing off couldn't solve. Oh, and the brushing off was done by my baby, not this mama.

2 comments:

The Breedloves said...

Sigh.... I never understood.... until i had one. Now i understand. thanks sam.

The dB family said...

Ah yes! The independent spirit! It will take him far in life. Just make sure you sneak in the hugs and kisses when he is asleep :o).

Blessings!
Deborah