Friday, January 22, 2010

Still a Work in Progress

I posted a couple of weeks ago about my Work in Progress. Well, it's still in that progress, but I have some new pieces to show you. And, since so many of you sweet friends asked to see things when they went up, here you go!

To give you a bit of background, Adam and I thought it be fun to have either pictures of pieces from some of the places we've been (not necessarily lived). While we haven't been all that many places, they are all really special to us. If you've traveled, I'm sure you know just what I'm talking about.

Here's our living room again. Exciting, let me warn you now.

010b

The painting on top of our armoir is of the Eiffel Tower (not trying to insult your intelligence, just thought it might be hard to tell from way up there. That's not where it's going to stay, by the way.) Adam and I visited there on our way to and from Turkey in 1999 where I got deathly ill, we flew through the Louvre (not something to be done in two hours, just so you know), and we stayed in the cutest little hotels (after a 17 hour plane flight that was supposed to be 9, but that's another story). The rug on the ground is from that same trip to Turkey. It was our first year of marriage and we planned on going to spend time with a missionary friend there to help in the earthquake relief efforts. By the time we got there, things were being taken care of and so we worked in an MK (missionary kids') school. And, yes, we hauled that rug all the way back to the USA.

The plate on the ledge has nothing to do with anywhere we've been, but we like it. I think it's pretty.

You can't see it exactly, but on the wooden ledge to the right of the plate is a painting from Korea. We have many, many things from Korea, as you can imagine, but this is what is currently up. We bought it to give to one of our friends there, but he said, No, no, you keep it! Give it to your parents! So, I'm not sure if he just didn't like it or if that was cultural. Hmmm....still pondering that to this day.

We have a great picture of the Empire State Building that's currently sitting on the floor of our office awaiting it's destination. And all those beautiful pictures that I framed are still sitting in my extra bedroom, also awaiting their final destination.

Sigh. Baby steps. I'll post more when more is up!

3 comments:

Becca~TimeWellSpent said...

Love the things you showed. can't wait to see how it all comes together!
funny about your friend not wanting it. not sure how I'd take that either ;)

Melissa Stover said...

great painting. are you aware that you are only publishing a partial feed (in the feed reader)? maybe you chose it that way, just letting you know.

dianne - bunny trails said...

That's fun that everything has a story to it. And baby steps is about the only way I think we can ever get anything done. Unless, of course, the rest of our family takes a very long vacation, leaving us home to do it all in one fell swoop. But that would be no fun - who wants to miss the vacation?