Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Banana-Fana Song--You know which one I mean

If I have to listen to one more rendition I just might flee the house shrieking at the top of my lungs.

The problem is that the kids do it with any word whatsoever. Any. Word.

Dog. Blanket. Shoe. Toothbrush. Sweater.

Momma. Me, they sing the crazy song to my name for Pete's sake!

I have now been serenaded as such: 'Momma momma bo bama, Banana fana fo foma, Me mi mo mo ma. Momma!' fifty-five thousand nine hundred and three times in the last week.

Oh my. And another problem is that it makes no sense. And it keeps going on and on and on and.....


And the other problem is that the 8 and 5 year old have now taught the 3 year old how to sing it so I even have to listen to it during school hours. I think he's trying to teach the dog to woof it, too. I really do. I heard him just this morning singing "Winnie winnie bo binnie...." directly into her floppy ear.

And the final and worst problem is that I find myself singing the stupid song to myself all. day. long.

A person can only take so much. I'm doomed.

Help me.

1 comment:

Timi said...

Very funny :o)!!! And Addison is trying to teach the dog to woof it? I like it!!!