Monday, August 10, 2009

Story-Teller

005b

My dad is an ultimate story-teller. My kids are enthralled each and every night of my parents visits with crazy stories about Monk the monkey, Susie the sheep, Butch the coon dog, and other side-kicks of Grandpa as he tells of his exploits as a young man in the old West, the Brazilian jungle and other exotic locales. They believe every single word of it. Every. Single. Word.

My Man has become quite the story-teller as well over the past 7 years. He , too, is in the ultimate category for story-telling. I can't tell a story to save my life. But My Man, his stories rival my dad's in their liveliness, their on-the-edge-of-your-seat-edness, in their ever-growing zaniness! And the best part? The kids believe every single word of it. Every. Single. Word.

Amazing.



*Note: The above picture is taken with my Nikon D40, White Balance set on "Incandescent" and, my newly-learned ISO setting on 800. Check A Familiar Path for more posts about what other bloggers are learning about their cameras from Melissa.

5 comments:

Jenn @ youknow... that blog? said...

Hi Beth,

Thanks for dropping by my place :) Your kids are absolutely gorgeous. Your dad sounds like the best grandpa EVER! What wonderful life-time memories he's making with them. Truly awesome.

Yes, the mushrooms were bigger than soccer balls and so interesting from different angles. I just LOVE mushrooms!

Melissa is a peach for doing the camera series, isn't she??

Beth said...

Loving the camera series!

Anonymous said...

My dad used to tell us huger-than-life stories too. Good memories. I used to do that more with Joshua-though mine were nowhere near as creative. We need to start doing that more again. Thanks for the reminder!
Kim

deb said...

you shared such love with words and an amazing picture. I am a bit behind , with this section, but my nephew is coming to visit soon, and hopefully he won't mind getting his picture taken, the older ones won't co-operate:)

Melissa Stover said...

your pictures don't look newly learned to me. please don't tell me you are taking them all on automatic. they are lovely.