Thursday, August 27, 2009

More Lost and Found: My Mom

When I downloaded my pictures from my point-and-shoot I found a bunch of seemingly random photos floating around. A few were from when my parents and brother's family were here back in July. When we all hiked Hanging Lake in Glenwood Springs, I used my brother's Nikon so he could heft Addison on his back. When he got that monkey off at the top, he ran off with his nice camera and left me with my point-and-shoot. I took these of my mom.

041 collage

My mom is a special, special lady in my life. I love this woman. I realize it's common to be extremely attached to one's mom, especially if one is a woman. I am no exception. But I feel like we have a unique relationship. We probably don't, but that makes it no less important to me.

She was there for my first two children's births.
She flew overseas to stay a month in a small apartment with us. She tried all the food put in front of her.
She traveled across the United States to help us move into our New York apartment.
She has given Adam and I countless babysitting hours.

And, to top it all off, she sings The Brownie Song really, really well. (Just ask the kids about this one.)


No comments: