Monday, August 24, 2009

Going off automatic: Studio

Melissa at A Familiar Path asked us to find our "studio" in our own house this week. How many times have you taken what you think is the perfect photo of your kids, only to look it and realize it was covered in shadow, or your couch clashed with the sweater your daughter is wearing? Or maybe it just works out that it looks like the living room lamp is coming out your son's head. I've just described thousands of my photos! No longer....hooray! With great advice from Prof. Melissa, I placed my kids right inside the porch door in the morning, I stepped out and and Viola! Perfect lighting with no flash.

my baby:
088b

my boy:
203b

my girl:
213b

Good lighting can make all the difference in a picture.

5 comments:

Lacy said...

Very nice! I love how bright & vivid the pictures are. What sort of camera do you have, if you don't mind my asking?

Melissa Stover said...

those are fabulous! i love how the light makes their eyes sparkly. so lovely.

Jo@Mylestones said...

Wonderful job! (and beautiful kiddos too!)

Dawn said...

wow... your lighting is amazing! you found a great spot! i am a little behind. i'll have to make it a goal to find a spot in my house this week!

Beth said...

I use a Nikon d40 and love it!

Thanks, gals!

beth