Monday, July 20, 2009

Going off automatic

Melissa from A Familiar Path has started a series on how to use your camera without using the manual. This week's assignment was to use some other setting besides auto. Ironically, I just had a conversation this morning with my father-in-law about our cameras and all the different settings they have.

001

The above photo was taken with my point-and-shoot Canon Powershot A530 on the landscape mode. This is the mode I find the most useful, but I'm looking forward to trying my hand at using the portrait also.

Yes, I was driving, but I was keeping one eye on the road. Promise!

096

This photo was also taken on the landscape mode, but with my Nikon D40.

I usually do editing of some sort, but didn't take the time for these. I think they turned out nicely anyway.

Looking forward to the next lesson, Prof!

3 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

i love both of those but that first picture-awesome! love the sky and the clouds. so nice. great job!!

Jo@Mylestones said...

Wow, love that highway shot. Came out quite nicely, especially considering you were driving!!

Sissy said...

I have hardly ever used the landscape mode. Guess I haven't come across many landscapes to photograph!