Monday, July 20, 2009

Coffee with My baby

Going one-on-one with the baby of the family can be interesting.

003d

Always having to shout over the other siblings to be heard, usually ending up in a scream of frustration,

004d

can make the baby not fully understand what it means to have a parent one-on-one

005d

till that moment when the light dawns

006d

and they realize they have your full, undivided attention with no one else to take center stage.

008d

Suddenly they're on, talking with great vigor and animation.

010d

Using a seldom-heard level of speech, one that is pleasant to the ears and not accompanied by a whine.

012e

Suddenly, I realize all over again what a cool little kid I've got.

2 comments:

mwell said...

Awwww... I love havign one on one with each child. It really is special isn't it?
(I just can't get over how much he and Owen look alike, though.) ;-)

Beth said...

So special! And they DO look alike :)