Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Some people just don't get it

I made chocolate chip cookies tonight. Mmmmm. I love, love, love chocolate chip cookies! Who doesn't? (Please don't answer that if it's you, I just couldn't live in a world where someone I knew didn't love chocolate chip cookies.)

I love the smell. I love the slight grittiness of the dough due to the brown sugar. I love the way the chips just ooze their goodness when you bite into them.

But you know what else I love about chocolate chip cookies? Chocolate chip cookie dough. I'm not one of those people who will make a batch of dough just to eat it all and not make any cookies (you know who you are and you're secret is safe with me), but I do love licking the beater and the spatula. And the spoons. I've even been known to scrape the bowl with my finger. Ok, too much detail, sorry!

Back to where I was......I made chocolate chip cookies tonight. And of course I licked the beater. My man looks up at me and says, "You're eating raw egg."

Is that all he sees in cookie dough?! Raw egg!!

My reply: "Yeah, I know."

3 comments:

Emily said...

Like, duh. WE don't care about the rawness of the egg...we just like how it tastes, right?

Kim said...

mmmm...I'm with you on that one!

mwell said...

I can't do raw eggs either. :0p
(But then...I'm just not a fan of eggs in general.)

I'll bet the cookies were awesome though! :-)

Michelle