Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Camping trip: Rocky Mountain National Park

I mentioned earlier that we went camping with some friends last week. I've been laboriously editing photos over the past few days, trying to get these guys blog-worthy. I'm getting there. S-l-o-w-l-y, and I suppose surely, but with all the packing and moving, I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, here's the first batch.

Picnik collage

We found a rock-clearing crew at the campsite. What luck!

setting up camp

Home-sweet-home.
Or soon to be.

running

My girl and her sweet friend.

playing with fire (pit)

My Boy and Baby, playing with the fire pit. Not so smart on our part. This was taken right before my baby backed up and fell directly into the pit. Fortunately, the people before us had partly put out the embers and he only singed his hair and burned 3 holes through his fleece. Actually, it could have been a lot worse. He needed a haircut anyway.

097b

Kids being kids, they quickly found a pet, named him (Caddy) and gave him a home with lots of love.

087b

A large rock behind our campsite provided much entertainment and exercise. Rock climbing became the main concern.

158

The view from our campsite

145b

This is Cookie.

110

This is FireStarter.

134b

Many deep conversations were had. This particular one pertained to sea creatures of some specific sort.

the kids (minus the littles)

We hiked everyday. The kids were great, and we had beautiful weather. Our Texas friends continued to amaze me with their stamina even at up to 12,000 feet above sea level!

More to follow! But first, some more packing......

No comments: