Friday, May 15, 2009

End of year mayhem

The school year is fast approaching the end. And by fast, I mean lightening speed! Between Adam and our girl, there are numerous end of year activities. From picnics, to performances, dances to dinners, there seems to be no end to places we ought to be.

Last night we celebrated Poetry Night with the 1st graders. It was a fun night. Really!My girl and her friend opened the evening with a welcome.

043c


I was surprised to see these 1st graders so confident and poised up on stage. Speaking in front of groups and being on-stage is something that our school takes seriously, and it shows. As a former first grader, I can tell you I would have been shaking in my ugly brown Mary Janes and bobby socks if I was asked to get up on stage and read three poems I had personaly written. I'm so proud of my girl!

No comments: