Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Help! re. Recipe Organization

It started so innocently.
Faced with a 70 pound weight limit, I gathered just a few of my favorite recipes to take with us to Korea. These were placed in a plain, white envelope.
And they never moved. My recipe envelope just got fatter and fatter, till in New York, I graduated it to a cereal box cut in half. Late in our stint there, Emma took pity on it and gave it a fancy schmancy cover.
Nice, isn't it?

018

It's reached it's limit, I'm afraid. I can no longer just quickly whip out the recipe I want. It takes digging. A lot of digging.
Each Sunday evening, as I make my menu and grocery list for Monday's shopping trip, Adam casts looks of incredulity my way and asks if maybe it's time to think about a new way of doing things.
I'm not a crazy big fan of change. Maybe you know that about me. But I think it just might be that time.

So, any ideas???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get a 3-ring binder and slip each recipe into those plastic page protectors, divide the sections by main dishes, desserts, etc. I did that last fall and it has been great. Now if I could just learn to cook all those recipes, I'd be unstoppable!

Tracy