Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Go West, young family!

Saturday, we headed West. It's hard to believe this is only 2 hours from us.

049b

019b
We took a friend of my girl's. Her favorite part was all the grass. All the prickly, brown grass.

Hey! It's not snow!

015b
Turns out she wasn't the only one. My boy just sat, contentedly, in the grass. He sat so still and for so long, a lady bug took a nap on him.

027b
A warm breeze blowing through your hair is so much nicer than a chilly blast flecked with snow.

047b
Fruita, CO is beautiful. It's packed with canyons, red earth and space to run.

072
At the abandoned dinosaur excavation site, the rock was covered in decades old caked mud, now baked to dirt in the heat of the sun.

122b
This bamboo-type grass was so cool looking, I just had to shoot a picture of it.

055c
Adam was sweet enough to snap a shot of me and the girls.

118
There was something about all the Juniper trees laying around that made me think of a Joshua Tree.

On an unrelated side note, have you ever Googled
Joshua Tree? You get quite an assortment of National Park and U2 related sites. Just thought you should know.


051
The world from a new view.


123
Can you believe this is part of our earth? God is amazing.

I'll end tonight on that.

5 comments:

The Breedloves said...

I love the post...but I can't believe you started with a Michael W. Smith title.......I love you Beth.

Emily said...

Love that photo of you w/ the 2 girlies. Very pretty. (in fact, why can't my husband take that good of a shot of ME?)

Colorado is an amazing state. Very varied. Like Washington actually...we have hot, cold, wet, dry.

Michelle said...

I agree with Emily - you are just SO pretty!

All of your photos are beautiful, and it makes me really miss hiking in the desert in California.

I'm glad you had such a nice family outing!

Blessings,
Michelle

dianne - bunny trails said...

Excellent shots! I can't believe I haven't been over here to your blog in so long. Like the new locale & look. I'm a sporadic blog hopper, I guess. LOL!

Love the pic of you and the girls. Very sweet.

Colorado is so amazing. Certainly see God's handiwork EVERYwhere! :D

Fifi said...

Beth ..... these pics are FULL of beauty! Thank you for sharing. I called hubby to have a look!