Friday, February 13, 2009

A late introduction

I've had several people ask me here and there what kind of dog Winnie is, and I realized I never posted much about getting her, just tidbits here and there.

This is Winifred, also called Winnie, Winners, and Win. Her fancy AKC name is Black Bear Wonder Years. She is named after Winnie in the TV show The Wonder Years. I loved that show. Adam named her. She is a Bernese Mountain Dog. They were origianlly trained in Switzerland to pull carts. They aren't St. Bernard's, but are commonly mistaken for one. St. Bernard's are much larger. Her mother is my friend, Penny's dog Lulu. Her father, Angus, is the biggest dog I've ever seen in real life. Also one of the sweetest.

I've loved Winnie since the moment I saw her. She was the one that always came to me, crawled in my lap and wanted her belly rubbed. Even when all the other puppies were scrappin' around, she would sit and let me love on her. She's the calmest pup I've ever laid eyes on. With that said, she's got some serious energy.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love this dog! We all love her! She loves us! She's the perfect pup.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I seriously would own one. she's beautiful and I've heard such amazing things about their bonds with their families. Cute name too, I remember that show! Who doesn't?

Michelle said...

She is SO beautiful!