Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Isn't she lovely?

This sort of explains where I've been lately. I've never owned a computer of my own straight from the workshop. My laptops have all come to me as hand-me-downs.

When I was a kid, I thought that was one word, hammeedown. But I've mentioned my hearing issues before.

My old laptop had several issues. It was 4 years old and I just knew it was going to crash someday very soon. When a page was closed down, it would "melt" off the screen, like from the top to the bottom, just melt. I had almost no memory left, and memory is imperative for picture storage! Then, most recently, the sound card starting going out. This actually may seem like the least of these, but how can we watch Monk online for free if my sound card isn't working?? All this to say, Voila! New computer!

What's taking up the most of my "unscheduled" time (that would be scheduled by the 3 children, husband, dog and other various household chores that just won't get done by themselves !) is a new blog layout and design. I'm so hoping that will follow very soon. As nerdy as it sounds, I'm having fun with it, but it's taking up quite a bit of time and energy, so I will be happy to save and publish very soon.



This is also taking up a lot of my time.

Just kidding, but ya-a-a-ummm!




Other than that, it's still snowing. My goodness! I had no idea it could snow so much in one place. It's a good thing I'm enjoying skiing, because we have 2 more months of it. Two months?! Yowsers.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oooooh - NICE!
Our computers are hand-me-downs, too.
Actually "my" laptop is one that used to be Paul's for work. He got a new one, and he was asked to turn in his old one. He asked what they were going to do with it and they said....throw it away! (It was still in perfectly good/working order!) So - he did some 'wrangling' and was able to keep it! :-)

(And I LOVE MONK!!!!!)
Tony Shaloub is actually filming a movie near here right now. I actually thought about driving up there to 'stalk' him and get his autograph. My kids would think it's so cool to meet him - but they think of him as the bad guy in Spy Kids or the voice of "Luigi" in Cars. - LOL.

carrie said...

wow, that scares me about your laptop. Mine is about 4-5 years old, and I know it's on it's last leg.